It started off with a celebration party for my parents' 30th wedding anniversary Friday night (their anniversary was on the 13th). It was a nice group of my parents' close friends, and it was
fun! Jon and I had prepared some music to play for my parents (and the group), which they all enjoyed. Playing for people in my parent's living room is not the norm, but when I thought about it, it didn't seem unusual anymore seeing that people enjoy music, and living rooms are comfortable places to enjoy things!So, 30 years! I am very excited for/proud of my parents. Jon and I are approaching 3 years...they are 10 times ahead of us here! They are such a lovely married couple who are a great example to us. I really appreciate their love and the way they show it to one another. To another 30 years!
Saturday was spent around the house, and in the evening we went over to our friends Josh and Laurie's with a bunch of others. It was a good time visiting, but the highlight for me was to hold Norah! She is so tiny, cute, and cuddly. I had the best time holding her, and it was also really fun to see Kristy being the great mom she is, interacting with her daughter and loving her like crazy.
Sunday Jon and I went to the Forks. I had seen that there w
as an "Asian Heritage" event there in the newspaper, and apparently May is the Month to celebrate Asian Heritage..so we went to check out the festivities. We walked around the river, tossed the Frisbee around, watched some dances, went up to the tower, and had lunch there. It was fun! I love the Forks and need to go there more often! In all its awesomeness, it is sometimes forgotten. Here is a picture of the cute cute cute little girls who did a dance celebrating the Olympics.
We then went shopping for Jon's birthday present (I gave him money for an amp and he hadn't yet been able to get one) and he got a beautiful Vox amp. Needless to say, I have one happy husband right now! After that, we went to my parent's for supper. Jon and I played some "21" on Ayii's new
hoop, and I got nailed in the hip by Jon's knee when I forgot the rules and tried to steal his ball. Ha! We then watched the Country Music Awards with my mom and dad. Sounds funny, and it is, and it was also awesome.And today is a relaxing day with Jon.
1 comment:
I miss you I miss you I miss you!
Nice shot of mom and dad. They look so delightful! I wish I could have been at the partay, but I heard it was a good time all the same (hard to imagine fun without me there...). Hope you're doing GREAT!
Post a Comment