Saturday: Cleaning the apartment, dinner at a pub & an evening walk...
Sunday was such a great day/evening. While Jon spent time reading for school, I went out and collected some colourful leaves. It was in the low 20s on Saturday, so the weather was perfect for spending time outside. While my pumpkin pie was baking in the oven, I "waxed" the leaves to make table decorations for Thanksgiving. Jon and I then went out to the "Rail Trail" by the escarpment for a lovely fall bike ride. The colours out here are beautiful--I love autumn in Ontario!
Here is one of the views from our bike ride
We saw a garder snake on our ride! I love snakes (non-poisonous ones) and was thrilled to see this one...Jon and I laugh every time we look at my ridiculously happy face in this picture!

Sunday evening was then spent at Dale & Brian's place just outside of Hamilton (Dale is Jon's 2nd cousin) for a Thanksgiving dinner. They had some friends over from Toronto as well, with 2 of their 5 kids. Before supper we went for a gorgeous walk on part of the Bruce Trail, and saw a waterfall. We were kicking ourselves for forgetting to bring our camera!
I slept in till about 11 am on Monday (wow, that felt amazing) and then proceeded to prepare for our own Thanksgiving meal. The place got pretty warm as it reached 25 C (27 C with the humidex) yesterday! That with the oven and stovetop going all day made for one hot kitchen! Definitely a difference between Manitoba and Ontario. I had a great time getting things ready, and the results were delicious! I can now say I have made my own Thanksgiving meal. And the only thing that was from a can was the canned corn! The meal consisted of: a roast chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, rolls, dressing ("stuffing"), brussel sprouts, a carnival squash, and corn. And of course, pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert!


1 comment:
What a spread, Jess! Way to go! Looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend. We sure could've used some of that nice weather out here!! Hope that you're having a lovely week.
Post a Comment