Valentine's Day this year was spent in bed...it was hot and sweaty--buuut not for the reasons you might think. Since Tuesday, I have been pretty much useless as I have been down with the flu. I haven't had a full-fledged flu (high fever, coughing, stuffiness, aches, "etc.") in years, and this experience makes me quite thankful for that! Anyways, I've been out-of-commission and am now (slowly) on the mend. Jon has been quite the doter and has been in and out of our room bearing gifts of water refills, sprite, cold cloths, sympathy, and whatever else I needed. Thank you, honey! Jon also got me some flowers for Valentine's Day (which I loooove) and made an album of some of our dating pictures/honeymoon pictures.
One thing I was worried about was that I had my Winnipeg 1 School Division (and only) interview at 1:00 yesterday. I felt like poo. My mom kindly offered to drive me to the interview so I wouldn't have to bus in my condition, which was SO appreciated. Despite the flu, my interview went really well! So well, in fact, that the interviewers recommended to the Assistant Director of Human Resources that she speak with me, for a second interview! I waited for a while, and as I was fading quickly, I decided to approach the woman I was to speak with once I saw she was free. She told me she had an appointment before me and didn't know how long exactly... but then said the interviewers were really impressed with me, that I could go and it wouldn't affect anything, and that they will be contacting me about a job in the future; that I landed the "special little pile." And so, even though I am moving away and can't work there next year, I'd love to in May and June, and when I return.
The One Month Challenge has officially started and Jon and I are signed up this year! It's not too late for you, too! The sign-up deadline has been extended to the 18th. Basically, it requires you to drink/eat only fair trade 1)coffee 2)tea and 3)chocolate for 30 days. Jon and I have been purchasing only fair trade coffee, tea, and chocolate for over a year now, but we'll still eat/drink non-fair trade if offered by others...but not this month!
Why do it?
Every time you choose a fair trade product you help to make a positive difference. By buying fair trade, you help to enable producers in developing nations to live with dignity. You invest in workers, in their families, in their communities. You invest in healthy natural environments that will continue to sustain us all.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry, I haven't even read the whole thing yet, though I intend to. But I pretty much felt inclined to post a big HAHA to the first couple lines.
Wow. That's great. Thank you.
Hope you are feeling better and that you have a great week at school. Yeah for short weeks. Love ya!
Post a Comment