Monday, February 25, 2008

The Latest

I am feeling great now: I am over the flu and post-flu effects, and a lot of exciting things are happening for Jon and I.

This week has gone by unbelievably quickly! I find it hard to believe that I only have a week and a half left of university classes! Soon I'll be off to my practicum till the end of April and *BAM* graduation. I've actually been preparing a lot in advance for my teaching, and I am feeling very excited about it!

Something very recent and exciting is that Jon received his acceptance to McMaster University Wednesday evening! Now we're waiting to hear from York and what they are offering Jon before we decide where we're off to...but the ball is rolling!

Two Thursdays ago Jon and I went out for a week-late Valentine's dinner. We went to Vesuvio which is in South Osborne area, and it was lovely. It's a small little place with brick walls and wooden beams. It was very cozy and romantic inside, and the food was excellent--best soup I have ever tasted! I love going on dates with Jon! The next morning, we went to Stella's for a breakfast together.

Speaking of dating when married...last week I went to my friend Alicia's "Epicure" shower, and part of the evening included introducing oneself and imparting a piece of advice for the bride. Now, I didn't think my advice was particularly funny, but when I said that it is important to keep dating and to surprise one another every now and then, almost all the ladies laughed at me! Interestingly, most of them didn't give any advice. I thought my words had wisdom to them...maybe only 2.5 years of experience, but wisdom nonetheless. Despite feeling weird about being laughed at,I was grateful to a lady I used to work for who was there, who backed me up when her turn came around! It was nice to have support from an 'older' person who has been married longer; someone people respect, too. I also told them that my parents have been married for 30 years and they still frequently date--and I love that!

Jon and I have been on a great streak as far as movie watching goes...two recents include Juno (finally saw it and LOVED it!) and Stardust. I had heard so many great things about Juno, so my expectations were pretty high--and I was not disappointed. It is such a funny yet extremely touching film that I would recommend to anyone. I want to see it again! Stardust, although a very different type of movie, was also very enjoyable. Jon described it perfectly: "It's like a really good bedtime story."

And one more thing...some of my flowers are still looking pretty from (the real) Valentine's Day! I love having them around.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Way to educate those other ladies on a really important part of marriage. I too think that dating should not stop after the wedding. You gotta keep things interesting and make time for the 2 of you together.
Glad you finally saw Juno. Definitely a good watch.
Yeah for Jon for getting accepted into McMaster. Very cool. Give him my congrats.