Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our Hamilton Home

We have an apartment! It has taken a lot of searching--Jon can take pretty much all the credit for that. Our apartment is in a great area in Hamilton, on Pearl Street in the "antique district," where there are parks, antique shops, coffee shops, and other neat places to explore and enjoy. It is also relatively close to McMaster University. It seems just perfect for us! We have a relative in Hamilton who was kind enough to check out this apartment for us, and he was very impressed with the place...as are we! By the time we move in, it will be newly renovated, too.

One funny story about this place is that the application form said "no dogs, cats, or any pets" and so of course I investigated about whether or not guinea pigs are ok. When I had asked the receptionist of the agency, I guess she only heard the word "pig" and asked her boss if a pig would be ok...we all had a good laugh about that one. Turns out little Capo is allowed. Yay!

Our new place is a one bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor of the building with a balcony. It has a kitchen with nice counter space and a separate dinning room (attached to the living room). I haven't seen it in person (obviously) but I do know that it is larger than our current apartment so we're not too concerned about fitting in our desk (which was one of our concerns). Here are some pics of the place from the advertisement, to let you see what we've seen of it! It's quite the relief to not worry about finding a "Hamilton home" anymore.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

WOO HOO!!! It looks absolutely great! What a sweet deal to have a balcony. Can only imagine the huge sigh of relief it is to have a place lined up. So happy to hear stuff is falling into place.

Kara said...

Wow! your apartment is incredible. I can't wait to come and visit you guys there in November. I'm glad you guys found something so perfect. I miss you lots! Let's hang out soon - only 6 more days until I am DONE forever!!!

Janessa said...

so nice jess! just like kara, i cannot wait to come see it when it's filled with you and your stuff!

Aimee said...

It looks soooo nice! I am so excited for you two! :)

Josh and Laurie Pauls said...

Looks like a gorgeous apartment! You're off on another adventure and we're excited for you!