- Bike ride down to the waterfront (the harbour of Lake Ontario). It's really beautiful--and not too far from our place! There are some ice cream places, a museum, some stages, and lots of paths and green space. Jon and I plan to take many a trip down there.
- Shopping in Toronto! It's been a long time since either Jon or I went shopping with the purpose of buying clothes--and this was something I was really looking forward to doing. So, we took the GO Bus to Toronto and spent the day at the Eaton Centre. We both came home with some new items and were very pleased with our successful day. This won't be happening too regularly, but it was fun!
A not-so fun thing as of late:
The teaching world in Hamilton is not as friendly to substitutes (or occasional/supply teachers as it's called here) as I'd like. The sub list is capped and locked until February at the moment, so I am making every attempt to find a teaching position surrounding areas of Hamilton (Brantford and Burlington) that aren't too far to drive to. I have applied to a few, and am waiting to hear back--and I really hope to! Things could go a few different directions at this point...
a) I don't get a teaching job; will then volunteer in Hamilton schools to get my face out there/meet principals; and work somewhere (?) until I get an interview in February and then substitute...
b) I find a private school opening in Hamilton
c) I get a job (term or permanent--most likely a term) in Brantford or Burlington; we buy a car and I commute
d) I don't work and we get kicked out of our place...wait--that's not an option!
I am hoping/praying for outcome "c". Time will tell! Also, my Ontario Certification is taking long and may possibly affect my desirability for hire. If you pray, please pray for that to hurry the heck up! Thanks!
Unfortunately the camera did not accompany us to any of the above things, but there will be more opportunity---coming up: one of me in my new skirt! Oh, the excitement, I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment