Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Post!

Some things that have happened since my last post:

- Turned 25
- Made good Hamilton friends
- Worked at a bookstore (in addition to the tutoring)
- Had many a cry
- Had many a laugh--one that was so hard it made me cry, actually!
- Became at peace with not renewing my Ontario Teachers Certification/not teaching while in Hamilton
- Painted with watercolours and oils..and quite loved it (and still do love it)
- Had a mom visit
- Caught and held on to a couple colds!
- Have had obvious answers to prayer and have experienced God's grace, faithfulness, and love in many ways
- Read some awesome books
- Took care of the sweetest dog for a weekend
- Sang with Jon at an art show

Things have been so busy that I have yet to decorate the house for Christmas! This is something I LOVE doing, and is an important tradition for me. So, even though we won't be here for Christmas, the decorating will be done this week!! Despite the lack of decoration, a heck of a lot of Christmas music (which I love) has been playing!

Right now Jon and I are looking forward to our Winnipeg Christmas visit! We fly out from Hamilton this Friday (the 19th) and are there till the 31st. Our visit is already looking pretty packed, but in a really good way. I am so looking forward to seeing family and friends from 'home!' Let the countdown begin...see you soon!

I'll leave you with a painting and some photos:

3 comments:

Janessa said...

yay!
i was excited to read this, despite the fact that i know most of it already.
again, your painting is wicked cool. you're very talented sister.

can't wait until you're home!!!!!

Sabrina said...

Jess...a post! Yay! That painting is absolutely stunning. Ken and I would buy something like that in a heartbeat.

So nice to hear snippets of what has transpired in the past month and a bit. Excited that God has been faithful, and that there is peace in tough decisions.

Looking very forward to seeing you guys in person soon!

Kara said...

Hello there beautiful girl - so glad to see a post and a picture or 2 of you. BTW - that painting is awesome!! I would buy one of those.

Looking forward to our visit on Saturday - in fact, I'm pumped. Your name is circled really really big on my calender.
What do we want to do??? Perhaps I'll shoot you off an email.

Love you lots! Say hi to Jon.