We now know when we are moving (and how we are moving) back to Winnipeg. After looking at different options (U-Haul, moving companies, train, etc.) we, or rather, our fathers, have come up with the most cost-effective way of return. Dad H and Daddy N are driving down together in Jon's parents' pick-up, and we'll be returning with a U-Haul trailer in tow! Road trip with the dads! They will arrive sometime on the 24th, and we'll be back in Manitoba on the 26th. This method is at least $1000 less than any other option--yay for saving!
So far, I've handed in my notice at work, and am doing what I can to get back in to the teaching world in Winnipeg. We're looking for apartments, and have some family & friends checking out some of the places we're interested in. Jon has finished the research part of his MRP, and is now organizing and planning before the actual writing part of the process begins.
As much as I am looking forward to life back in Winnipeg, I am not wanting to move!! I really love Hamilton, and feel so at home here. There is so much involved in moving back...and I am not as excited to move back as I thought I might be. In fact, if it wasn't for the whole Ontario non-teaching situation, I think I'd be really tempted to stay! That being said, there is a lot to look forward to in our return: FAMILY, re-connecting with friends, going back to Faithworks, teaching, and settling back into the city we so love...
So much more I could say about all the above, but I'll leave it at that.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so excited to have you back. A date on a patio when you return is in definite order.
Good luck with all the packing up and the goodbyes that accompany moving. I'll be thinking of you.
Sounds like mixed reviews about returning. I will be praying for teaching stuff to line up for fall. The road trip with the dads sounds like a wonderful idea, too! Happy packing, or at least happy as packing can be. Looking forward to seeing you in person after so long away.
Post a Comment