Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fancy Power Tools etc.

Thursday was my last day at my "summer" job. I'm glad to be able to focus more on school! Jon and I were just on our way out to Carlos and Murphy's for a "last day" dinner celebration, when I received a call from the prof I'm a TA for. Our dinner was slightly delayed as I had to go pick up 11 papers to grade by the next day! Dinner was lovely, and was topped off nicely by 6 papers. In total, it took me 3 hours to finish all of them--and it was actually pretty fun! I love making corrections--I guess that a teacher part of me.

Friday afternoon was spent doing as much schoolwork as possible before Denver (one of Jon's brothers) came to pick us up. We spent the weekend at Lake of the Woods, where we were helping Jon's parents at the newly-built cabin, getting as much work in as possible before winter. Some things that were accomplished included: wiring the place(having a father-in-law, brother-in-law, and uncle who are electricians helped with that!), putting in the wood stove, priming a couple doors for painting, and putting in insulation. You can see Jon, Dad H, and Denver carrying the Arc of the Covenant--I mean, the wood stove up the dock...notice the little music note-like lights across the lake--awesome, I know.


At one point, Jon was sitting with his back to the lake, and a deer stopped right behind him, about 4(ish) meters away. I saw it from the deck and was trying to get Jon's attention by pointing silently. I have a feeling Jon just thought I was being weird, but he finally looked and got to see it nice and close! I really wanted to run for the camera...but sometimes moments are meant to be enjoyed without interruption--it was really nice.

So now I'm writing instead of sleeping...and I have SO much to do before Wednesday! At least I have ANTM to look forward to after the next few intense days!

Off to bed with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch out! Jess has a power tool!

Josh and Laurie Pauls said...

You've joined the blogging world!!! Kelly & Heidi have rubbed off on us - well at least me...I just created my blog this evening.