Today and Yesterday have been productive, satisfying days. I did some schoolwork, and then handed over the computer to Jon who had a couple papers to do for today. Being students together can be interesting sometimes! Anyways, I ended up doing a TON of cleaning, reading, and a bit of baking. I love a clean house, where I can rest, and where I can eat good baking! I also got some things I've been meaning to do out of the way.
One of those things was to register for the SAG conference (an annual teacher conference thing where there are a lot of options to chose from as far as sessions go.) I am really pumped for my sessions! One is titled, "Fair Trade, Tasty and Teachable," and the other is "Look Deeper at Global Issues in your Classroom." It was also a very good price for students, which was a bonus! It excites me to be able to bring some passions of mine into the classroom.
I started this book called The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus by Brennan Manning awhile ago, and finally picked it up to read again last night. It is a wonderful wonderful book, but I just hadn't made time for it lately. So. I started last night and I am determined to finish it this weekend because it is SO good!
As I was reading this morning, I was compelled to write some 'notes' down on things that really stuck out to me. I'll share one of them, or else this post will get a tad long (it's hard, though because there is so much greatness is this man's words!!)..
"I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Not much more to say on that one--I wonder how many others feel the same way? It really is something to think about.
Jon and I are off to Altona tonight until Sunday. It'll be great to spend time with his side of the family! It didn't work out for us to go to both sides of the families' gatherings, so we're spending the weekend in Altona, and coming back to my parents' for "the Dinner" on Sunday.
This is not only because Thanksgiving is coming up, but I am just SO thankful for everything! And I am thankful to Jesus for it all. (And I hope this doesn't sound preachy! BUT it's true for me.)
I think that's long enough for now...Happy Thanksgiving!
Friday, October 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope you guys have an awesome weekend with Jon's family in Altona. Too bad you won't be at church tomorrow night, I was hoping to see you. It seems as though it has been forever!!! Let's get together soon k. Oh and your SAG sessions sound like they could be awesome. Let me know how they go. Love ya lots!!
I love productive days like that! I am having a day like that today!
Post a Comment