Friday, January 4, 2008

Into the new year we go...

A new year has begun, and it's going to be a year full of change.

Jon and I both graduate this year, me with my Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education, and Jon with his Honours History Degree. No more university (for now) for me after April...but school will not be a foreign place--it will be my workplace! I am almost a certified teacher, which is very exciting! Nine weeks left of classes for me with one day/week of practicum, then 5 weeks of full practicum, and I'll be a "real" teacher!
Jon will continue with university as we move to Ontario (Hamilton or Toronto) this August, for him to complete his 1 year Master's degree in Social Canadian History. It will be an adventure to live in a new place and start working there!

We also look forward to more weddings; Jon's brother Denver and his wife-to-be, Janet, are getting married on January 19th, our friends Trev and Lacey Dawn are getting married May 10th in BC, and Alicia and Rob are getting married on July 24th.

On another note, I have seen a few movies lately, all of which I have loved. The first was the magical Enchanted. I love fairy tale type things, and this movie was basically a bunch of happy on film--what could be better? Loved it.
Tonight, Jon and I rented 2 movies as we had a 2 for 1 deal. The first one we watched is called Once, which was recommended to us by my parents. It's a musical of sorts, where two strangers find a relationship through the music they write/play together. Great movie. We also watched Ratatouille, and it was so cute! Strangely, the little rat reminded me at times of little Capo (the cuteness, of course). Anyways, I have a strangely varying taste when it comes to movies, but all three are gooders if you're ever indecisive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Enchanted! It was sooo funny.
Hope you had a great year!! That is exciting that you are so close to the end. What an accomplishment!

Kara said...

yeah for graduation just around the corner. The end is near. We will have to celebrate to max when we're done!
Hope you have a good week back at school.
Love you lots!

mclaren.ic said...

Lauren and I watched Once last week, and loved it. The music is phenomenal.
See you guys at church this week.