Monday, January 7, 2008

A productive day

Today was a wonderful day! Here are some of the reasons why:

- I got a massage (and it was a free massage because the massage therapist was 15 minutes late)
- Jon and I paid for our final semesters at the U of W
- I switched a course (my only elective) with another that I think I'll enjoy more
- Went out for lunch with Jon
- Had a nap
- Made my first "by-myself" pie! It's cherry, and it turned out to be quite the tasty pie--I think I have the knack for pies like my mom (which, if any of you have not tried her pies, are sensational). I have been wanting to bake one for a long time--now that I've made my first, I may be making many.
- Jon and I made home made pizza..and then ate it (guess what was for dessert?)

On another self-congratulatory note, I have been doing great with one of my 'resolutions' for the year, which involves swift and thorough clean ups after cooking/baking/eating/drinking. Ah.

Tomorrow will not be as leisurely as today. I'll be at school from 8:30 am to 6:10 pm. I do have a 2 hr break in the middle (where I would normally go home) but I have an appointment tomorrow and so I can't. I'm thinking that going to bed by 10 tonight would be nice.

Buenas noches.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Yay for making pie! How exciting. Once you feel like you've 'mastered it', I'd love a lesson. They always seem so daunting.

Love the new years resolution. Makes for a happier kitchen! Feels like forever since we've seen you guys, we should have a visit some day.

Hope school is off to a swell start. One more semester!

S.

Kara said...

Way to go on the pie making. You can make me a pie anytime...my favorite is apple :) What a great day! I love days where things fall into place nicely and are productive, but not stressful. Oh how I envy you these days. 175 days left until my grad. Can you tell that I am anxious? Hope you tomorrow goes well despite its longness.
We need a study break sometime soon:)