Monday, January 21, 2008

latest updates

It's been busy this last couple of weeks...and it doesn't look as though it will die down for a while. Although there has been a lot of fun stuff happening, it is also a time of schoolwork and applications (for school divisions etc.). It'll be so nice to graduate and move on! Thank goodness for the fun.

Jon and I had the pleasure of hosting a good friend of ours from Kitchener last week, from Sunday morning till Wednesday evening--Wes (many of you may remember him as the crazy dancer at our wedding!) He and his wife, Kora, are expecting a baby in April, and so he came out to visit before being an official dad. We managed to cozily fit him into our living room, and all was well. Here are a couple pictures of his time with us, one where you can see up all our noses...oh, and I made my 2nd pie while he was here..on Monday! It was awesome. Notice the pretty flower-like edges and the heart..I am so proud.

Exciting times continued as we left for Altona on Friday night, to hang out with family and to go to Denver and Janet's wedding (our last one till May!). It was a beautiful winter wedding! It was really cute, too, because Halle stood up there with Janet and Denver as they were married. Here are some pics from the night, including the hot couple themselves (as in D&J)






3 comments:

Josh and Laurie Pauls said...

Hey Jess & Jon!
Thanks for the update - it's neat to hear about some of the things you're up to! Great pictures - love your dress (you look very pretty!).
I hope you have a great week!

Kara said...

Beautiful pictures of the wedding. Janet looked stunning. Love the dress on you. Yeah for being an official auntie.
Look at you go pie maker! I am extremely impressed. I think one of these days I am going to invite myself over for pie :)
Hope you are doing well. It's been far too long since we've talked or hung out. I'm at Don & Lavonne's this week housesitting, so give me a call on my cell if you want.
Love you lots!

Janessa said...

ok true story, one of Janet's bridesmaids (obviously the one that's not her sister i guess) is in a class of mine. I thought I recognized her throughout the wedding but I couldn't place it until yesterday in class. She said she was thinking the same thing, so we were both "jerks". It was pretty funny.