Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm a Sub!

No...not the underwater transportation vehicle that's sung as 'yellow,' but the teacher kind! I am very excited to officially be a substitute! I received a call tonight letting me know that I had an "awesome interview" and that I can now sub in the division I applied to! This is something I needed after a day like today--nothing too dreadful happened, but it was one of those days where you feel worn down and beat afterwards. That phone call was just the perk I needed! That and the cake Jon and I are going out for soon!
As a 5th year Education student where things are coming to a close, I am feeling it go by too fast, yet not fast enough! I am so eager to jump into the teaching world as an independent teacher! I really feel the "I'm done" sensation, and as I still have 6 days of practicum left, I need to push that to the side and really give to my students.

Phew! Six days to go.

3 comments:

Josh and Laurie Pauls said...

Congratulations Jess! That's awesome! So, you'll start subbing as soon as you're done practicum?

6 more days! You can do it! and I bet those kids will miss you a lot when you're gone!

Sabrina said...

Congrats Jess!! That is fantastic news!!

Janessa said...

Hey sister. Just in Hong Kong over here, no big deal. Wanted to say hello and wish you well. Cambodia here I come... in a few hours. Get mom and dad to read you my email about the plane right to the HK-dot. It's moderately amusing I think. Or at least that was the aim.
Love ya!