Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bees give us honey

I just got home from my respite job (with the cutest kids) and Kyle (who is 3 and a half) informed me of where honey comes from. We were looking in the pantry for a snack, and he showed me their honey supply. He said, "Bees make honey, you know. They make it and then they put it in a box and then they give it to us!" He made it sound like bees are busy making honey to give it to people as a present in a box. I could just picture a bunch of bees wrapping a box with a bow and a tag reading, "To The Human(s), love from The Bees." I love how kids think and explain things. It makes me smile.


Here's a shot from a part of our Thanksgiving weekend. Jon and Mom were playing Hey Jude--it sounded good, too! It was fun seeing them play together.

OK. Now for the serious stuff.
As I was innocently walking to my first class this morning, I smelled something not-so-pleasant. Bad smells come and go every now and then, it's a part of life. So I decided to forget about it. But then, I heard one of the 2 guys in front of me (starting to go up an escalator) say, "Oh that's what that was. I thought I smelled cabbage."And then they both laughed.
So how gross is that! I'm pretty sure my face looked a little horrified for the next while as I shuddered and kept on walking. My nose was so violated. Let me tell you: there was no cabbage around.

And I'll leave you with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That's aweful! You and your "cabbage" stories!!